In order to create a detailed report for you after a home inspection in Wasaga Beach, we use a home inspection checklist.
At Brick House Home Inspection Services, we often find that property owners have questions about what we will look for during the home inspection process. Knowing what is evaluated will give you an idea of what to expect, as well as help you address any questions or concerns you may have once our findings are complete. In order to create a detailed report for you, we use a home inspection checklist to ensure that we don’t miss any important structures or systems. A few of the major components of our home inspection checklist include:
Exterior – We will begin at the front of the house and work our way around, allowing us to view the home’s complete structure.
- Front, sides and rear of each structural face
- Exterior wall coverings, flashing and trim
- Sky lights, chimneys and roof penetrations
- Roof drainage (gutters, downspouts and extensions)
- Eves, soffits and fascia
- Vegetation, grading and surface drainage
- Walkways, patios, driveways and landscaping structures
- Attached steps, balconies, decks, porches, patio/covers
- Garage (attached)
Interior – We will begin in the basement and work our way up through the home to the attic.
- Electrical panel (outlets, switches, fixtures)
- Furnace and other heat sources
- Plumbing (hot water heater, supply and waste, fixtures)
- Foundation (if visible)
- Floor structure (if visible) and floors
- Wall structure (if visible) and walls
- Ceiling structure (if visible) and ceilings
- Columns or piers (if visible)
- Windows and doors (representative number)
- Mechanical and natural ventilation (kitchen and bath exhaust)
- Visual inspection of appliances
- Attic – We end in the attic.
- Access hatch(es)
- Insulation depth
- Vapour barrier
- Roof structure and materials
This basic list is a good starting point for what you will find on our home inspection checklist. Additionally, once our home inspection is complete, we follow up with an on-site visual summary using photos and explanations, so you won’t find any surprises when you receive our report.
At Brick House Home Inspection Services, we encourage you to attend your home inspection in Wasaga Beach, Ontario and ask questions if you are unsure about the process or our findings. Our goal is always to recommend solutions if a defect is recognized, so you can make educated decisions about a home purchase or upgrade. Contact us today to learn more about home inspections or to schedule an appointment.